Really cool and super easy to install
Easier to install than the instructions show (socket clips don't need to be released). Four bolts, that's it - 10 minutes if you goof around and take your time.
Smooth and strong struts that should have been OEM.
Note to Saab 9-2x installers: Fender bolts to remove are the usual 10mm, not 12mm.
Only question mark or potential for concern is the hood mounted bracket is made of a hard/durable plastic. If it was made of metal it might feel more durable, but may not be necessary, because it seems tough enough for what it does.
Couldn't be happier with them.
Every Subaru needs these.
I totally love these hood struts. How I lived without them before I'll never know. I gave the review a 4-star instead of 5-star due to the cons listed below. Fix these and its a 5-star product easily.
- Very easy to install.
- No more hood prop getting in your way.
- Easy open and close of your hood.
- Looks totally sick when you open your hood, will impress all your car friends and look amazing at shows/meets.
- If you're a tall guy like me you don't have to bend over so much when you're elbow deep in your engine bay and mess up your back.
- Included instructions are online instructions are out of date featuring an old version of the struts, and have poor quality pictures. (Still easy to install, but I could see this being an issue for some.)
- Grimmspeed logo placard just kinda looks like some brass-silver colored square on the struts from more than a couple feet away. Would love if it was a silver w/black logo or stamped so the logo actually stands out. I may remove the placards and find something else to go on there.